Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Do you want to build a snowman?

I promised to post Christmas inspired nail art from now on and yes, you've probably guessed it right by the title..Today I have a Disney's Frozen nail art design for you. So, let the storm rage on... :)

Frozen is probably my favourite from the latest Disney films, with my favourite scene being the one where Princess Elsa sings "Let it Go". I loved everything about this film and I could watch it over and over again. Princess Elsa is absolutely stunning and Olaf is adorable, so I couldn't possibly do this look without them...

To make this design I started off with a white nail polish as a base and then used a sponge with three different shades of blue to create the ombre effect on all nails. On my thumb, index finger and pinky I used a glitter polish to add some sparkle and create the illusion of snow falling and painted on some snowflakes. Finally on my middle and ring finger I painted Olaf and Princess Elsa. To do this I used acrylic paint, that I got from a local craft store, because nail polish dries extremely fast and is not exactly the best choice when you want to do such detailed work.

Now don't get me wrong, you can do this with nail polish if you like, but you will need a variety of colours to get every detail right and lots of patience. On the other hand, using acrylics for nail art can be a life saver. With only a few basic colors you can create so many different shades, you can use water to thin them out for easier application and you can take your time to paint your designs. Well, not all the time in the world because acrylics do dry pretty fast, but definitely not as fast as nail polish.

This design is the most time consuming of all the other designs that I've done, but I enjoyed doing it and I think it was worth it. I hope you like it as much as I do. If you decide to give this a try be patient and have fun with it! Oh! And if you do, I'd love to see your recreations so don't forget, you can use the hashtag #xrisompouklitsa on instagram or just send me a picture on my blog's Facebook Page. :)






Polishes used:

Essence Studio Nails XXL Nail Thickener
Orly - White Tips
Essie - Butler Please
Tommy G - 429
Tommy G - 431
Essence - Space Queen
Essence Better Than Gel Nails Top Coat

No comments:

Post a Comment